You all must have heard about the Words “Golden Milk Turmeric Latte” which is gaining massive popularity in western countries as a healthy drink. So, it is obvious that you are thinking of what Turmeric Latte exactly is. Let’s learn about this healthy drink in detail.
Turmeric Latte Meaning
Turmeric Latte Mix is a traditional Indian drink which is quite commonly also known as “Haldi Ka Doodh” or “Turmeric Milk”. As per Indian Ayurveda Medicinal practices, Turmeric is considered one of the best Natural Anti-biotic. It has many medicinal uses and benefits and one of its common uses was to consume “Turmeric Milk” to fight against viral & bacterial infections and to boost our immunity in general.
Modern Experts and their research have also claimed that the use of Turmeric in our daily diet helps us to boost our Immune System and also acts as a natural Antibiotic to counter flu, viral, bacterial Inflammation and pain.
Turmeric Latte Mix
Just to make this recipe more palatable, different experts have different ingredients other than its main ingredients; Milk and Turmeric Powder. You can add the following ingredients in small quantities according to your taste; Cinnamon, Cardamom, dry ginger powder, Vanilla Extract, Almond Milk or Powder and Honey.
Turmeric Latte Recipe
Originally, the Indian Turmeric Latte recipe was quite simple. It can be prepared by using a cup of boiled milk (Preferably Cow Milk of Desi/Indigenous Breed), half a teaspoonful of Good Quality Turmeric Powder (Recommended: Wild Himalayan Lakadong Turmeric Powder*) and a quarter teaspoon of dry Ginger Powder (Sonth Powder), mix both ingredients well and use this Turmeric Latte every day 1 hour before your bedtime.
To enhance the palatability of this original recipe of Turmeric Latte, you can add a teaspoon full of Honey, a pinch of Cinnamon powder, 3-4 threads of Baby Saffron (Kesar), black pepper powder, Cardamom powder and Vanilla Extract. These ingredients are optional and can be added or skipped as per your taste and choice but the use of Turmeric Powder is the essential ingredient for Turmeric Latte.
** Even you have the choice to replace Cow milk with any plant-based Milk like Almond Milk, Soya Milk, Coconut Milk and Oat Milk.
Turmeric Latte Benefits
The main reason for Turmeric Latte to gain popularity across the globe is its numerous associated health benefits and that’s the reason it has been studied and researched by many experts in the last few decades and has shared outcomes of their studies and research as follows.
- Anti-Inflammatory: The main ingredient of the Turmeric latte is Turmeric Powder. Turmeric contains “Curcumin” which is considered one of the best natural anti-inflammatory agents. The anti-inflammatory effect of Curcumin helps to reduce pain and Swelling.
- Natural Immunity Booster: The use of a Turmeric Latte in our routine helps us to boost our immunity levels. It helps our body to fight against viral, bacterial and fungal infections As per Ayurveda Medicine Turmeric Latte is one of the best home-made medicine to cure a Common cold and Flu.
- Powerful Anti-Oxidant: Anti-Oxidant properties of Curcumin helps to prevent the growth of various kinds of Cancer Cells which include Bone Cancer, Breast Cancer, Brain Tumours, Colon, Liver, Pancreatic, Stomach, Kidney, Leukaemia, Prostate, Ovarian and Melanoma, etc.
- Preventing Heart Disease: Many studies and research have claimed that the use of Turmeric in a routine diet helps to prevent heart disease though these studies are done on small sample sizes by various experts. Curcumin also reduces serum cholesterol levels and protects against the pathological changes occurring with atherosclerosis.
- Improves Digestion: Curcumin present in Turmeric helps to reduce bloating and keeps the digestive system on track.
- Anti-Ageing Effects: Anti-Oxidant present in Curcumin prevents cell damage and thus slows down ageing. Curcumin stimulates new cell growth and keeps your skin wrinkle-free.
There is a long list of other benefits of “Turmeric Latte”. A few important ones are shared here. In Short, Including Turmeric Latte in your daily diet. As both essential ingredients (Milk + Turmeric) combined provide us with the best nutritional values which we must include in our routine diet.
Why We Should Use “LAKADONG TURMERIC” for Turmeric Latte?
Experts have recommended the use of Wild Himalayan Lakadong Turmeric of Meghalaya for your Turmeric Latte Mix and the reason behind this recommendation is based on lab test reports that have proved that the Turmeric grown in the Himalayan ranges of Meghalaya (Specifically in the Lakadong village catchment area) in India is having the highest percentage of Curcumin (7 to 2%) as compared to regular turmeric which contains only 2-3% Curcumin, thus replacing regular turmeric with Lakadong Turmeric makes your Turmeric Latte more healthy and beneficial.
By this time, you must have gained a fair knowledge and idea of why this “Turmeric Latte” or “The Golden Milk” becomes so popular in almost all countries now, In Indian Ayurveda, the use of Turmeric Latte as powerful Immunity Booster as well as a part of Medicine was centuries old and it is believed that your grandparents or your parents must have offered you this powerful drink to you in your childhood and also told you the associated benefits but unfortunately we have not given that much importance to this at that time. But now, this Indian Recipe of Turmeric Latte is getting viral among those people who are health conscious and have started consuming it in their routine life to boost their body immunity. So, don’t just wait for your doctor to prescribe you in your dietary plan in the future days, just give it a try today to keep yourself Healthy and Young.
[…] be used to make turmeric tea, which is believed to have many health benefits. Also, best to use for Turmeric Latte or Golden […]