Palak paneer recipe is a popular vegetarian dish that originates from India. It consists of spinach puree and paneer (Indian cheese) cubes in a spiced tomato and onion gravy. This dish is loved for its unique combination of flavors and its use of nutritious ingredients such as spinach and paneer.
Palak paneer is known for its unique flavor profile that is both creamy and slightly spicy. It is also a nutritious dish, as it includes ingredients like spinach, which is high in vitamins and minerals, and paneer cheese, which is a good source of protein.
In Indian cuisine, palak paneer is commonly served as a main dish for lunch or dinner and is enjoyed by people of all ages. It is also a popular vegetarian option for parties and gatherings. Overall, palak paneer is considered a classic dish in Indian cuisine and is loved for its delicious taste and nutritional benefits.
The origin of palak paneer is unclear, but it is believed to have been influenced by Mughal cuisine. The Mughals, who ruled India for several centuries, were known for their love of rich and flavorful dishes, and palak paneer is a perfect example of this. Today, palak paneer is enjoyed by people all over the world and is considered a classic dish in Indian cuisine.
Palak Paneer Calories
One serving of palak paneer provides approximately 400 calories. This includes 25 grams of fat, 20 grams of protein, and 30 grams of carbohydrates. However, the exact calorie count may vary based on the ingredients used and serving size.
Per serving, palak paneer provides approximately:
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 25 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
Palak Paneer Recipe:
Palak Paneer Recipe Ingredients
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach (palak)
- 4 tablespoons of ghee or oil (use healthy Cold Pressed Oil for best results)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 inches of ginger, grated
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 400g of paneer, cut into cubes
Instructions for Palak Paneer Recipe
- Wash the spinach and chop it into smaller pieces. Boil in a pot of water for 2-3 minutes or until wilted. Drain the water and let it cool.
- Blend the cooled spinach into a smooth puree and set it aside.
- Heat ghee or oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Let it sizzle for a few seconds and then add chopped onions. Sauté until the onions are golden brown.
- Add minced garlic and grated ginger to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook until they are soft and mushy.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt to the pan. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Pour in the spinach puree and mix well. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- Add heavy cream to the pan and mix well.
- Add the paneer cubes to the pan and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes or until the gravy has thickened and the paneer is heated through.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
Enjoy this classic dish that is both delicious and nutritious!