Chicken curry is a dish that is enjoyed all over the world. It is made using chicken, spices, and a variety of other ingredients. This dish is known for its rich, flavorful taste and versatility. Chicken curry can be enjoyed with rice, bread, or any other grain. It is also a popular dish for meal prep, as it can be made in large quantities and stored in the refrigerator for later consumption
In this blog, we will take a deep dive into the history of chicken curry, its ingredients, recipe, and the calorie count of the popular dish.
History of Chicken Curry
Chicken curry has a long and rich history that dates back to medieval times. It is believed that the dish was introduced to India by the Mughals, who ruled India from the 16th to the 19th century. The dish quickly gained popularity in India and was soon adopted by Indian cuisine.
Chicken Curry Recipe
Chicken curry is a dish that is easy to make and can be customized to suit individual tastes. The key ingredients of chicken curry include chicken, spices, onions, garlic, ginger, tomato paste, and coconut milk. The dish is typically made by cooking the chicken with spices and other ingredients until it is fully cooked. The chicken is then simmered in a flavorful sauce made with coconut milk and other ingredients.
Chicken curry is a dish that is made using chicken, spices, and a variety of other ingredients. Here is a recipe that you can try at home: (4 People Serving)
Chicken Curry Ingredients:
- 1 kg chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder (use Lakadong Turmeric)
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of oil (use cold-pressed mustard Oil)
- Fresh coriander leaves, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, and ginger to the pan and cook until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until it is browned on all sides.
- Add the tomato paste, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala to the pan and stir well.
- Pour in the coconut milk and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the curry simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh coriander leaves.
Chicken Curry Calories
The calorie count of chicken curry varies depending on the ingredients and serving size. On average, a serving of chicken curry (100g) contains approximately 200-250 calories. This calorie count can be broken down as follows:
- Chicken (100g): Approximately 150 calories
- Coconut milk (100g): Approximately 230 calories
- Spices and seasonings: Approximately 20-30 calories
- Oil (1 tablespoon): Approximately 120 calories
It is important to note that the calorie count may vary based on the ingredients used, the preparation method, and the serving size. It is always recommended to consult a nutritionist or a dietician to determine the calorie intake that is best for your individual needs and health goals.