Cold Pressed Sesame Oil
Cold Pressed Sesame Oil is an edible oil extracted from sesame seeds. It is obtained by using a cold press method, which involves crushing the seeds under low heat and pressure to extract the oil. The oil has a distinct nutty flavor and aroma and is widely used in cooking and as a condiment in many Asian cuisines.
- Difference between Cold Pressed Oils & Refined Oils: Refined oils are extracted using high heat. Also known as hot-pressed oils, refined oils are made by first cleaning them, then grinding them at high speed, which can generate heat up to 200°C and using some chemicals, which finally gives us the oil. On the other hand, cold-pressed oils are crushed slowly to extract oil from them. No heat is generated during the process. This also helps in retaining the nutrients and the flavours.
- Which Oil is Healthy Cold Pressed or Refined? Cold-pressed oils are definitely healthier than refined oils. Most of the nutritive capacity of refined oil is lost after they are exposed to high heat and chemicals. The case is completely different in cold-pressed oils, which retain most of their nutrients because of a heat-free and chemical-free manufacturing process. Most cold-pressed oils are rich in vitamin E, which has anti-inflammatory properties and oleic acid, which boosts your immunity.
- Benefits of Using Cold Pressed Oils : Cold-pressed oils are good source of polyunsaturated Fatty acids. These oils retain the healthy and nutritional qualities of oilseeds. Cold-pressing retains the natural, healthy antioxidants, which is otherwise destroyed by heat. These oils are a great source of Omega-3 & Omega-6 Fatty Acids, rich in Zinc & Vitamins like A, C, E, D, Potassium & lecithin, which are vital for good vision, kidneys and a healthy heart.
- Healthiest Oils for all types of Cooking & Cuisines: Food cooked in cold-pressed oil has an inherent flavor and taste. This is because the flavor and aroma are not lost due to heat during extraction. The taste and flavor of the cold pressed oil blend well with the spices and hence is a good option for cooking. Groundnut oil is used in many Indian states as the main component in vegetarian & non-vegetarian dishes. Due to high smoke point, groundnut oil can be used for deep frying.
- Good for Skin & Therapeutic Uses: As per skin experts, cold-pressed oils can be used as toner and moisturizer. They also act as a hair mask and make a good solution to frizzy hair. Cold pressed oils with aroma ingredients as well as vitamins and nourishing agents are best used on the face and neck. Cosmetic experts suggest cold pressed oil mixed with tint or foundation cream can be applied as a base during make-up
Cold Pressed Sesame Oil is commonly used in cooking, as a salad dressing, or as a condiment. It is also used in traditional medicines, such as Ayurveda, as a massage oil and as a natural remedy for various health conditions. The oil has a high smoke point, making it suitable for high-heat cooking methods such as stir-frying and deep-frying.
Cold Pressed Sesame Oil is a versatile and nutritious oil that can add flavor and health benefits to your diet. When selecting a bottle of cold pressed sesame oil, look for organic, unrefined, and minimally processed options for the highest quality and maximum health benefits.
There are no reviews yet.